Thursday, April 19, 2012

Stripes and an Apple Brooch

Outfit:

- Navy blue and white striped dress with peter-pan collar
- Thrifted red apple brooch
- Red patent belt from my boyfriend
- White tights
- Vintage navy blue purse
- Vintage navy blue heels
- Red studded earrings
- Red headband
- Red plastic bangle (I've been taking inspiration
from Nancy Sinatra with these lately)



I went shopping today. Yes, I looked quiet drained and my hair is a ragged mess. For some reason today was quite exhausting. But here you are; these are the things that I bought.


When I tried this dress on it made me and my mother think of Dorothy Gale or Alice in Wonderland.



This was too beautiful not to buy.
I'm thinking pincurls, and red heels and red lipstick.


For some reason this dress made me think of this lovely lady in "Factory Girl".
I cannot wait to wear it with my new old over-the-knee boots and a pair of Edie earrings.


My mother also treated me with a little surprise the other day too. A vintage pink satin handkerchief bag with lace trim. 'Tis a shame I forgot to take pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Awe, what a nice dress! And that apple broach, love it, totally my style! <3 Nice purchases, the yellow dress will be perfect for hot days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! So full of inspiring images and fun writing. I'm new on blogger, and I would like to invite you to follow my blog as well. Check it out! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete