Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Tonight's Tunes and Pretty Presents from the Past

Tonight I'm home alone and taking the time to play my guitar, drink some unreasonably sweet tea with shortbread as a side, and show you all the latest vintage items added to my collection whilst listening to the sounds of both The Beatles and The Rolling Stones.

"Beatles For Sale" - The Beatles (1964)
This was my first ever LP and it was bought nearly 10 years ago. I hold quite a bit of sentimental value to it, also for the fact that this album was released the same day as my birthday 27 years before I was born.

"Through the Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol. 2)" - The Rolling Stones
One of the most recent LPs added to my record collection.

Yesterday the boy took me out up the coast and bought me a little bundle of vintage goodies as a present from a couple of the second hand shops. He knows just what I like. This are the things he bought for me.

Vintage Glomesh bag.
This bag, though it has some wear to it near the clasp, is perfect. It is big enough to fit my purse, the handle/chain is the right length and the clasp is something that I just adore.
I'm not sure what to do with the damage. Paint the faded area black, scour all the black off to have it gold, or just leave it the way it is? Knowing me I'll probably just leave it the way it is.

Vintage 1960's bright green beaded necklace.
Unfortunately the beautiful colour wasn't captured in this picture.

Vintage atomizer perfume bottle.
This was a very lovely gift as I've been searching for one of these for many, many years.

Vintage glass love heart.
Perfect for storing my rings on my dressing table.


Vintage 1970's cooking dish.
This was an amazing find as it is exactly the same as our yellow cooking dish that we got from the boy's mother before we moved out.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Lucy! These clickable images are wonderful and bring back many memories. My favorite tracks on Beatles For Sale are "No Reply," "I'll Follow the Sun," Mr. Moonlight" and "Every Little Thing." I remember the day I bought Through the Past Darkly and how much fun it was to own an octagonal shaped album.

    My blog is loaded with Sixties stuff, Lucy, and I invite you to be a good friend and come over once in a while to show your support for what I'm doing. I value your opinions and observations. A person your age is important to a blog like mine because you offer a fresh perspective. There is much we can learn from each other and I hope you will come over for a visit soon. I promise that a warm welcome awaits you. Thank you, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish I was patient enough to collect records, but id rather carry my music with me. As for your glo-mesh bag, I would probably leave it? or if it wasn't that special, I might take to it with some nail polish! But otherwise, very good finds! I had a good opp shopping day on Saturday also - I haven't put pictures on my blog but you can see them on my Instagram @frankfert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! I'm very much a digital gal and have all of my music on my ipod. That being said I would love a Dansette record player one day! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you a lucky duck having a boy who buys great gifts!!! The bag is so pretty, I don't think it needs fixing. Of course I LOVE the green beads, & the cooking dish is as groovy as a dish can get! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh you have really the best boyfriend ever darling! the bag is sooo fabulous and also the perfume bottle and the necklace, the boy has taste you have to keep him;)
    love and kiss,mary
    http://www.maryloucinnamon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my it's been ages! I'm glad to have internet again and read your updates! So many lovely bits! I need to get the rest of my records here.. I only have my 7", the LPs are still in the countryside. Your cooking dishes are lovely! Show it again when they are in use! xxx

    ReplyDelete