Sunday, May 25, 2014

Midi Skirt and Boots






































Just another quick outfit post. It's getting colder here. Cold enough to start wearing boots on the particularly chilly day, but still not cold enough for a cardigan. I picked up this midi skirt a month or two ago for a couple of dollars at a local second hand store, and I just love it. I've worn it that many times. I never used to like the way I looked in midi skirts, but this one has made me fall in love with them. 

I felt a little bit Maureen Starkey, Chrissie Shrimpton in this outfit. I wanted to go all the way and do Mo's signature eye makeup, with a thick black smokey line under my lower lashes. But I don't think it would suit me. Perhaps one day I'll be brave enough to give it a go. When I got home I found these two pictures that I've always loved. I think I was unconsciously inspired by them to pair the boots with a longer skirt, something I usually wouldn't do.

1 / 2

20 comments:

  1. ooh, i like it, Lucy! the orange color is great for your autumn season and looks very good on you. the boots are also a nice addition. you do look very similar to the photos you shared!
    ~Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! LOVE orange!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit Lucy! Midi skirts suit you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Sarah! I am glad you think so.

      Delete
  4. so lovely! Im not yet breave enough to pair boots with skirts, but I love the way they look when their dont right - just like youve done here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine! How nice of you to say, I'm glad you think I've done the look right - I was a little worried!

      Delete
  5. That skirt looks fantastic! I'm rather cranky that summer has made a come back this past week. 28degrees one week from winter???? What the??? Bring on the tights & cardigans!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful outfit, I love every bit of it! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this skirt and it looks amazing with that cute top! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a really lovely skirt, but I may be biased as orange is one of my most favourite colours! I really love how you've accessorised it, it matches the pattern on your top just perfectly and I love the fringed bag. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you very much, Faye! Orange is one of my favourite colours too!

      Delete
  9. It's getting cold here too, thankfully! Definitely cold enough for a cardigan. I'm also someone who doesn't usually feel too comfortable in midi skirts. But wow, that one really does suit you! What a lovely cold weather outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thankfully! Longing for big mod coats at the moment. I hope you find that one midi skirt that you just love and feel fantastic in. They are very comfortable, I think. And thank you very much, Anneka!

      Delete
  10. Very pretty! I love the black and orange!

    ReplyDelete