Thank you to Abigail from Sweeter Gets the Journey and Sarah from Lostvestige who have so kindly awarded me with a Liebster Blog Award!
The German word "Liebster" roughly translates to "Dearest". The Liebster Award is given to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers whose blogs are deemed worthy of more recognition.
Receivers of the Award Must:
- Answer the 11 questions posed to them by their nominators
- Post 11 interesting things about themselves
- Create a new list of 11 questions for future award receivers to answer
- Nominate 11 more bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award
This will be my second and third nominations for the Liebster Blog Award. You can see my first here. And so, I have simply decided to just answer the questions posed by my nominators and create my own questions for the new nominees to answer.
1. Do you or have you ever played any musical instrument? If so what is it? If not, what would you like to play?
I have been playing guitar for approximately nine years, self taught on a little broken guitar from the 1950's that my father found on the side of the road. There was also a time not long ago when I was teaching myself piano and advanced quite quickly but due to life circumstances I did not keep up with practice. The drums are another instrument that I seem to be able to just pick up and play with relative ease and of course, I can still play the good old recorder from my primary school days. Ha!
2. What makes you laugh out loud?
Being part of a group put in silly situations (this happens a lot in my University classes), playing with my dogs and cats, my boyfriend and family, or at times when it is most inappropriate. When I was a young girl I'd have laughing fits during Church or serious talks to the class from my school teachers.
3. Are you a morning or a night person?
I find that it is a lot easier for me to get things done in the mornings. I don't feel good if I wake up too late. Definitely mornings for me.
4. What do you like to do in your free time?
In my free time mostly I like to visit my boy and spend time with him. I also love spending time with my family. I am very close with my siblings and always enjoy a laugh with them. I love to relax and listen to my records, play guitar, take my time and browse through the local second hand stores and of course, blog!
5. How would you describe yourself?
Hmm. I seem to be the person in social situations that does not say much (really, I'm quite shy) but when it comes to my passions I open up, become very enthusiastic and it is no surprise if I end up giving a lecture upon the history of 1960's fashion, how a particular song by one of my favourite bands came to be or why certain things occur in the world of science. I am a very romantic person, and see beauty and find joy and satisfaction in doing the most simple things in life. Yet I still long to do and see the amazing. I seem to day dream a lot (which leaves me quite forgetful!), put others needs before mine and I also tend to be a bit of a dark horse. I am very determined when it comes to my studies, projects or developing a new skill and I have very strong morals and principles. I am also told that I am very wise.
6. What would you do with a billion dollars?
Invest, invest, invest! Make your money work for you as my Grandma says. That way in the future I can be sure that my family is financially supported for the rest of their lives so that they can live very comfortably. I would also love to travel and see places in the world that I've always dreamed of, and pay homage to the idols of mine who inspired me throughout the years by visiting significant destinations related to their lives. I've also always wanted to exit the Earth's atmosphere, and see the planet from space whilst experiencing the weightlessness of outerspace - with that sort of money I think it is safe to say that that would be achievable for me! Toss in some orginal dresses by Barbara Hulanicki, Ossie Clark and Mary Quant and I should be one happy gal indeed! And there would of course be a fair share of donations to a variety of charities in there too.
7. Why did you and what was your inspiration to start blogging?
I used to read blogs many years ago before I decided to start one of my own. But I feel it was more so Tumblr that made me at last put the foot down and start. I had run The Carnabetian Army for a few years as a 1960's/70's fashion database, and I thought perhaps blogging might take it to the next level and also provide me with the opportunity to make it more personal. And so here I am!
8. What is one of your pet peeves?
Not too sure. Perhaps finding the perfect seat in a movie theatre and then at the last minute having a group of quite noisy people coming to sit right behind you?
9. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?
Cheltenham Cemetry, Gloucestershire, England.
10. What is your guilty pleasure?
11. If you could have one dream come true, what would it be?
Very unrealistic but to be a master musician at every musical instrument in the world, being able to play whatever I want or please without having to think, only feel.
1. What are your hobbies?
Collecting records and anything from the 1960's, drawing, playing guitar, blogging, listening to records and I love to sing and dance.
2. What inspired you to start blogging?
See Question Seven of Abigail's Questions.
3. If you could move anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Most certainly somewhere in England, Ireland or Scotland.
4. What is something that always makes you happy?
I would hands down say The Beatles, as silly as it may sound. When things get too stressful or things start to seem quite dull I will listen to The Beatles and all of a sudden I am reminded of this immense passion that I have for their music and what it has done for me as a person and I feel like everything is going to be alright. Their music is so familiar to me in every way. Listening to them after a an extended period of time without doing so is like coming back to the comfort of home after a long hard trek.
5. What would you do if you won the lottery?
See Question Six of Abigail's Questions.
6. What is something you could eat every day for the rest of your life?
I am nicknamed "Andy" after the artist, Warhol, in my house for multiple reasons. One of those being that my family joke that I could eat the same thing every day for twenty years. I would go with potatoes cooked anyway or two minute noodles - terrible!
7. Do you prefer living in the city or country (or somewhere in between!) and why?
Most certainly somewhere in between. Growing up I spent my childhood in two places. My home town, on the edge of one of the most busiest strips of city in Australia, and my mother's hometown, a small country town way up north. I love being able to access everything in the city and be able to just take a quick bus trip and travel through multiple towns within 15 minutes. I also love the anonymity that you can choose to have. However, I love the peace and tranquility of the country and the feeling of having time and no pressures. Thus, seeing as I love both a place in between is just right for me!
8. What is your dream vacation?
An epic trip traveling through Great Britain, staying in a different place each week and exploring here, there and everywhere. I'd want to see and take in everything. I've also always wanted to go to Paris and have breakfast at a different cafe/patisserie everyday.
9. What is your favourite decade or era from the past?
The 1960's of course!
10. What is something that you like to collect?
I collect many things. Records (you can see my collection here), Beatles merchandise, vintage clothing and accessories, vintage knick knacks, movie tickets and little found charms.
11. What is your favourite time of year?
Mid Autumn! Nice cool weather, ah!
And now for the new nominees!
(Note: some of these blogs are a little over 200 followers but I thought they were still really worth having a look at if you love finding new blogs just as much as I do!)
Faye from Oh! Darling
Jaime from Hard Crimson
Anneka from Everything's Find and I Dig Everything
Nicole from Manic Pop
Nicole from Wanderlust Stardust
Hannah from Tea.Three.Sugars
Sara from Swing the Day Away
The lovely lady behind Stylepeaches
Cam from Sincerely, Cam
These Here Are Your Questions
1. Who is the one pop, scientific or historical figure that you feel you most identify with and why?
2. What gives you inspiration on those days when you are wondering what to blog about?
3. What are your favourite blogs?
4. If you could see any singer/musician/band from any time in concert who would it be and why?
5. Describe your favourite place in the world.
6. What is your favourite item of clothing in your wardrobe?
7. If you could have any career you would like in the world, what would it be?
8. Do you have any phobias? If not, what are you afraid of?
9. Choose any person alive that you could swap places with for one day. Who is it?
10. Think back to a moment when you were completely happy. Describe it.
11. If you could raid anyone's wardrobe, who's would it be?